Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year's Resolutions?

2009 was a busy year. Working hard but not always smart, fighting an uphill battle to keep my knack for organization ahead of my natural tendency to zone out while maintaining connections with people who count. Based on all that, some resolutions should be easy.
  • In my case, the usual pledge to lose weight gains added meaning when holiday snacking brought my type 2 diabetes concerns back. Shedding just 10 or 20 pounds would really make a difference, so this is a no-brainer.
  • Getting out the door just five minutes earlier can make a big difference in stress levels - and speed levels - on the way to work. Again, why did this require a resolution?
  • I promise to listen most to the people who listen to me. I frustrated myself too much in '09 trying to get through to those who make the same mistakes over and over.
  • A trip overseas is something I've been talking about for years. I am going to try to get to Ireland and England this summer. Being a student of history, a trip through my family's Irish roots would be a welcome journey.
  • Speaking of journeys, I'm heeding my own advice about enjoying the journey known as life more by dwelling a little less on the past and worrying a lot less about the future.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment