Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Nothing To Sneeze At?

Sneezy
Pollen!
Is it my imagination, or has this season been the worst for allergies?   This curse goes back to my childhood when I'd camp out or play in the cornfields behind our house and end up paying for my love of the great outdoors with sneezing, itchy eyes, sinusitus and stuffy nose.  It started out as a late summer thing and then evolved into different allergies throughout the year.  I got tested positive for reactions to dust, cat dander, mold and an assortment of allergens like the magnified offenders above.   If it's a hay fever medication - Benadryl, Zyrtec, Claritin and the rest - I've tried it.   I went through countless sessions of allergy shots with visits that continued for years.  Has it made me better?  It's hard to prove a negative and know how I'd be without all the treatments.  I do know this has been an especially nasty allergy season, mostly in the morning.   Is it worse for allergens due to global warming or more enclosed environments?  I'll leave that to the experts.  If you are among those affected, I feel your pain.  Oh yeah, I've tried the local honey too - still sneezing.

No comments:

Post a Comment