Thursday, September 30, 2010

Happy Anniversary! Happy Anniversary!

It's a page right out of history.  Fifty years ago tonight, ABC launched The Flintstones.  Seeing the first episode about this modern stone age family from the town of Bedrock was one of those great TV "Oh wow" moments for this Baby Boomer kid.  I remember that first show so well.  It was basically an animated version of the hit fifties show The Honeymooners.    For six years we loyally followed the adventures of Fred, Barney, Wilma and Betty, and saw the addition of Pebbles and Bamm Bamm.  I even remember when they had a national contest to give Pebbles her name.   If you know who Mr. Slate, Joe Rockhead and Gary Granite are, you were a fan of The Flintstones too.  Although I thought I recalled everything about The Flintstones, a look at some Ultimate Flintstones Trivia here put me in my place.  Trivia expert or not, we all had a Yabba-dabba-doo time!   So-o-oh, Happy Anniversary!

No comments:

Post a Comment