Saturday, May 2, 2009

Walking for Babies

WBMW's involvement with the March of Dimes and the cause of healthy babies took a two-pronged approach this spring. First, there was the very successful Diaper Derby at Mystic Aquarium. Then last weekend, Bluff Point State Park in Groton was the place for the March for Babies. It was a well attended, brisk 3-mile walk through an amazing natural preserve in the shadow of an urban area. It was a bumpy trip for folks like my co-emcee Rebecca wheeling baby carriages, but her 9-month-old Liliana enjoyed it just fine. My mistake was not bringing anything to eat along the way, and my blood sugar plummeted, but we all made it. As close as this state park may be, it was my first walk through Bluff Point. I hope it's not my last. Thanks to everyone who participated in the March of Dimes March for Babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment