Saturday, April 25, 2009

Mmm... Steak

No one can ever call me a fussy eater. My taste in food is like my taste in music. There aren't too many things I've turned down. One thing I have not had in ages is steak. It's not because I'm a vegetarian or anything like that. Whenever I go someplace new, I often go for something pretty basic: a hamburger in a less fancy place, steak in someplace a bit nicer. Red meat is the standard for my first impression of a restaurant. Well, my long period of steak deprivation came to a spectacular end with a visit to the Capital Grille in Providence and a date with a sirloin. That, and the most incredible cheesecake, made for a meal far from routine. I hadn't been to the Steak Loft in Mystic in ages, so a few folks from the station decided to get together there and see our morning fill-in co-host Phred singing. Miss L from Jammin 107-7 always gets the steak teriyaki, so I went with that recommendation and was very impressed. A great steak has made for some of my best memories dining out. Maybe because it's a rare occasion - medium rare.

No comments:

Post a Comment