Friday, April 17, 2009

I'm All Atwitter!

First it was MySpace, the premier site for online social networking. Then that seemed so yesterday with the rise of Facebook. Now we're being told to "Twitter." Keep up with what everyone's doing in real time in "tweets" of up to 140 characters. Ashton Kutcher challenged and beat CNN in getting a million tweets. Oprah is now on Twitter with 34,000 tweets in her first few hours. You can now follow WBMW on Twitter as well at the bottom of the page on http://www.wbmw.com/. As much as I like to keep up with the latest techno-trends, I really don't know if this Twitter hype is justified. You can already text me, email me, call me on one of four phone numbers and even Facebook me. (Is "Facebook" a verb yet?) How much do I need to learn about the hour by hour activities of everyone I know? Maybe I'm missing the significance of the Twitter Revolution, but I'm already feeling pretty well in touch. Yes, I am also on Twitter, but I keep losing my password!

No comments:

Post a Comment