Friday, October 31, 2008

Home Stretch of Campaign '08



Here's a role I can't say I've ever been in before: debate moderator. This week, the Eastern Connecticut Chamber of Commerce presented a breakfast debate between Ned Lamont, the Connecticut co-chairman of the Barack Obama campaign, and Chris Healy, state GOP chairman and head of the state's John McCain campaign. Both made very eloquent arguments for their respective candidates with little need for me to step in. WBMW was a debate sponsor, which explained the presence of this debate neophyte. After the debate, veteran TV political reporter and consultant Duby MacDowell introduced herself and certainly made my day with some kind words. Of course, I wondered why she hadn't been tapped as moderator, but I was very appreciative of the opportunity. Now go vote!

No comments:

Post a Comment