Sunday, September 1, 2013

Roxy Mornings: Mission Accomplished

I admit to being a bit surprised when I heard who had been named to be the new host of the 100.9 Roxy FM morning show.   Franco made quite a name for himself for years in the New London market as a very upfront personality on Q-105.   The new Roxy FM is more music intensive, including in "AM drive" where four live announcer breaks an hour are confined to sixty seconds each.    Then at 8:00 AM, a 100-minute nonstop commercial-free music marathon kicks off.   In that environment, Franco will undoubtedly make adjustments and I'm sure his bosses will as well.   He starts September 4th, and I do wish him well.   He knows radio programming, has paid his share of dues, is as psyched as anyone I've ever witnessed and has been very positive about what I've done in this interim period.    As someone who's been on the receiving end of disappointment more than once in a profession we love, I can certainly appreciate when something works out.    I'll continue what I was originally brought in to do with the knowledge that I accomplished my Roxy morning mission in a positive way.  

No comments:

Post a Comment