Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Change Happens


I don't have a big or extended family, and while I am blessed with good friends they are not usually close by. Combine that with the fact that radio can take a bigger personal commitment than many jobs, and it's easy to see how radio co-workers can sometimes feel like family. Rebecca and I jokingly referred to each other as radio husband and wife, but it was a professional marriage in its own right. That's why her decision to move on to pursue other opportunities leaves a sense of sadness. We were a good team, and she has been a close friend and confidant. I do wish her happiness. I always marveled at her zest for life and talent. Uncle Glenn will miss her stories about the most famous baby in eastern Connecticut. Change brings new opportunities for both of us. The show goes on. I'll be flying solo till further notice. As the song goes, "Sometimes goodbye is a second chance."

2 comments:

  1. Love your show and listen to it every morning. I miss Rebecca and her wonderful stories of family, job and adventures. So sorry she is gone ! You made a great team! I will continue to listen despite her absence. Keep up the good work Glenn !
    Sincerely~
    An old "Westerly" girl~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glenn,

    Did she leave the station or take a different position like promotions manager?

    ReplyDelete