Thursday, October 1, 2009

My Ticket

It does seem much more likely that a person will get stopped for speeding heading to work at 5:00am as opposed to, say, 5:00pm. I say that not because I'm always getting speeding tickets. It's more due to the fact that I see a lot of cars getting a very special greeting from local law enforcement at that early hour. Finally, a Ledyard police officer got me at the top of the Route 117 hill near the WBMW transmitter. I wasn't running late or anything like that - just late letting my foot off the gas downhill after accelerating uphill. The officer wasn't too impressed when I said I was headed to the radio station. When I mentioned on the air that getting stopped at that hour was more likely than later in the day, one listener emailed that I wasn't appreciative of the job police do for us. Nothing could be further from the truth, since my brother Gary has been a police officer in Massachusetts for 27 years. He appeared on our show this week to lecture me on going too fast. My good driving record helped me out with my day in court, and all I'll say is that justice prevailed. I've learned my lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment