Monday, September 28, 2009

Family Guy

If I had young children, Family Guy would be off limits. But I don't, and this animated series about the Griffin family in the mythical town of Quahog, Rhode Island is must see viewing for me. This season's Fox-TV debut last night didn't disappoint. What's not to like about a talking dog and evil baby using a machine that takes them through different dimensions? It's just pure funny. Even though Quahog is fake, there's plenty of true localism, like the Providence skyline in the background, Buddy Cianci Jr. High School and Stop & Shop. I knew Michael Rowe, a budding young Connecticut comedian who ended up as a head writer on the "Brian Swings" episode with Frank Sinatra Jr. How cool is that? That's one of my favorites, but last night's show where they sang in a Disney animated dimension was right up there. The Simpsons, in their twentieth year, are the gold standard in cartoons today, but Seth McFarlane's Family Guy cracks me up like nothing else on the tube.

No comments:

Post a Comment