Saturday, August 8, 2009

The New Yankee Stadium

Being originally from the New Haven area, I go against the majority sentiment here in eastern Connecticut by siding with the Yankees over the Red Sox. The rivalry really heated up this weekend with a four-game series at the new Yankee Stadium. Taking the place of the old stadium was a tough act to follow, but I was very impressed with my first visit there. I took the Yankee express train with Red Wolf Broadcasting's number one Yankee fan, Charles Adams from our street team. I was hoping more for a slugfest than a pitching duel Friday, but that was not to be. It's a good thing I didn't have to get up at my usual 4:10 the next morning, since that 15 innings leading up to A-Rod's belting one right into the Red Sox bullpen meant a 4:30am arrival back home in Colchester. At $9 for a beer, bring plenty of money!

No comments:

Post a Comment