Saturday, August 15, 2009

Lobstah!

Eastern Connecticut has no shortage of great seafood places, but when in Maine you've got to have the local lobster. My WBMW co-host Rebecca has been up that way this past week, and there's one place I recommended she take the family while there. It's just across the river from Portsmouth, New Hampshire in Kittery. Warren's Lobster House was one of the highlights of my 2,000-mile round trip to Nova Scotia. Of course I had lobster - not just lobster roll, but a lobster torpedo! That wasn't the only indulgence. The salad bar was as good as the sign says. Seafood restaurants reflect a fun atmosphere like few other types of eateries can, and Warren's definitely lived up to expectations. As good as the desserts looked, there was no room left for that! Check out their website.

1 comment:

  1. WOW Glenn, I lived in that area for about 10 years. From 1993 until 2003. I've been delivering papers since 1994 and have been all over that seacoast area, portsmouth, hampton beach, kittery, etc..... I also worked for Irving oil, which you must have seen a lot of up there. What a flashback of such good memories. THANKS ! Born in Norwich, Doug B

    ReplyDelete