Sunday, March 15, 2009

Wakeup Club Cast of Characters: John Devine


One morning last summer while Rebecca was on baby leave, I wondered out loud on the show whether anyone listening would like to try out as a guest co-host. I got one serious response: from John Devine, the sales manager at Valenti Volkswagen of Mystic. John proved to be a fortunate find for the Wakeup Club. You are instantly impressed at what a lover of life this guy really is. His jokes are pretty funny, and his interests go well beyond the short space I have here. John is a key ingredient to the resurgence of a downtown New London landmark: the Garde Arts Center. He provides updates on what's happening there. I also get the impression this rock n' roll aficionado plays a mean guitar himself. One of these days Rebecca and I will have time to accept his offers to be his guests at a Garde Arts Center event. I am way overdue to see something there. Would you buy a car from the man in the center of the picture? I would.

No comments:

Post a Comment