Saturday, February 13, 2016

More Platforms to Bloviate

As attached as I've become to this blog going on eight years, perhaps the best reason I have posted less frequently is due to the opportunities I've had to share my thoughts and experiences on the radio. Doing a regular local morning show and occasional fill-ins for Stu Bryer's talk show on "Personality Radio" WICH AM 1310 can really eat up a lot of content.   Of course there are show prep services I rely on, but I really find myself sharing observations from my personal life and opinions more and more.   The reactions can be immediate, whether it's banter with Marty in the newsroom, guests or Stu's callers.   Putting all the programming elements in their proper places undoubtedly makes for a more listenable show (i.e. less tuneout), but those relatable tidbits are what people latch onto and remember.   Even on Facebook, I tend to put more information updates on the WICH Radio page than what's happening with me on my personal page.  I'll still express my viewpoints here on my blog, but I think I'll make it a monthly instead of weekly thing.   A look back makes it clear already how I feel about politics, media and some pivotal life events.

For now, I'll hope my lost wedding ring turns up; my finger got skinnier and it flew off.   Some circulatory and diabetic health issues are being more proactively addressed over the winter and I'm having a great time (albeit ridiculously early time) at WICH.   Happy Valentine's Day and President's Day, and I'll be back here next month or sooner if the need dictates.   

No comments:

Post a Comment