Monday, November 10, 2014

Charity Fun Stuff

The Hall Communicators - Trivia Champs!
There are many people who swing into action to benefit a host of charities without being connected with a media outlet.   I find that easier to accomplish when a radio company I'm associated with is involved in the community.    I've missed some of that as a radio part-timer, but I was happy to drop by a couple of times last week to visit the WCTY crew at the two-day Big Y Food Drive in Norwich as area listeners did their part to load up a truck to benefit the TVCCA and Gemma Moran United Way of Southeastern Connecticut Labor Food Bank.   I can't say I left hungry either.   

Also last Friday, many of my fellow Hall Communications people from WCTY/WNLC/WKNL/WICH/WILI took part in a Team Trivia Challenge to benefit Madonna Place.   That was my first go round at that packed annual event in the Bozrah Moose Lodge.   I like to think my history and geography knowledge are what got us to first place, but I was a lot less confident for sports, Disney and a few other categories.   Radio is often a solitary occupation, so it was nice to have a rare moment to socialize with co-workers away from work.   Speaking of work, I've concluded I should take the next ten days away from broadcasting except for some time with my direct mail advertising business.   My schedule has been pretty ambitious on five stations, and it can get a bit consuming... or it can be my nature to get too consumed in it.    Been there; done that; got the T-shirt(s).

No comments:

Post a Comment