Monday, September 22, 2014

Health, Health, Health

It's all about having our health.   That should always be a priority.   Unfortunately, it often takes a backseat to a lot of trivial things in our everyday lives.   A cardiac diagnosis in May (A-fib) served as my wake-up call.   Some medication prevented any further procedures for now.   I'm thankful for that, but symptoms such as sudden blood pressure drops and loss of appetite have really cast a shadow over my way of life and slowed me down.   With cardiac causes ruled out for the moment, my next steps include visits to an endocrinologist tomorrow and a neurologist October 1st.   We need to listen to what our bodies tell us, and I'm not going to accept these symptoms as just getting older.   I'm thankful for still being able to do what I like to make a living while having an excellent support system on a personal level.   I'm hoping to start feeling like my old self again in the next month.   Coping with what's become the new norm at this point is simply unacceptable.    

No comments:

Post a Comment