Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Six For Six

I can now truly say I've done shows on all six Hall Communications radio stations here in eastern Connecticut.  That totally mind-blowing feat (to me, anyway) was accomplished last week when I subbed doing news on the Pete Nichols Breakfast Club on WILI-FM Willimantic, better known as i98.3.   I was told ahead of time that Pete might just interrupt me in the middle of what's more of an information update for something totally silly or edgy.   That really wasn't the case.   Pete's sense of timing and knowing how far he can push the envelope are better than that.    If you're looking for hard hitting, in-depth coverage of the weighty issues of the day, this station may not be your ultimate destination.    If you expect to hear talk about whether my wife thinks I've got "enough junk in the trunk" or phony phone calls to a place called "Transitions" revealing his regular newsman's sex change operation, then you've come to the right place.   It all may sound like he's flying by the seat of his pants, but Pete knows exactly what he's doing.  He's a seasoned entertainer who understands his target audience.   The more time I spend at WILI, the more impressed I get with the talent pool inside that building. 

No comments:

Post a Comment