Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Staying On This Road

The other day, I made a routine visit to my doctor.   One of the women working in the office remarked on how bad 2013 was in a way that assumed everyone felt that way.   Maybe she dreads Obamacare or had a personal experience that colored her perception of the whole year.   While 2013 had its bumps along the way, I consider myself fortunate.   After all, in May I married someone who continues to amaze me.   While my family is not very extended, everyone is healthy and I even had a chance to reconnect with a cousin I hadn't seen in 45 years.   When I left one radio company in February to free up my weekends, I had no idea I'd get a call from the competition five months later and getting a ton of fill-in slots on five stations.    Meanwhile, my direct mail advertising venture marks twelve years and counting.   Even my old dog remains happy and healthy!
 
While I'm not exactly on the road to riches, arthritis seems to affect me in more ways than I'd like and one person really let me down, 2013 is not worthy of being swept  under the rug.   I've never been one to forget the past because it's still a part of me.   As long as I don't obsess over the negative things, most of my baggage takes the trip with me into 2014.   Happy New Year!     

No comments:

Post a Comment