Monday, July 15, 2013

Radio Respite Over

At Sailfest New London
My self-imposed exile from local radio lasted a little under five months, thanks to a call from the folks at Hall Communications in Norwich, owners and operators of 97.7 WCTY, 98.7 WNLC, 100.9 WKNL and 1310 WICH.     Many faces and voices there are quite familiar to me.   VP/Programming Jim Reed and many other staffers were also there when I worked weekends on WICH back in 1990.   Yes, the Hall Group is a remarkably stable place.   Just since my first fill-in on WICH News over a week ago, I've done my first country show ever on WCTY and put in an appearance on the recently launched "100.9 Roxy FM" (WKNL) during their Sailfest New London broadcast.   While the harbor fog put a damper on Sailfest fireworks, I was impressed at how smoothly the station handled the fireworks music simulcast on Roxy.    To this day, I still get nervous when I'm not yet familiar with new procedures.   I had little reason to be, given the supportive reaction from management and other air personalities there.    They really made me feel welcome.   I guess I'm back in radio for awhile!     

No comments:

Post a Comment