Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Combining Two Households

So this is settling down?  In the weeks since Linda and I got married, things have felt anything but settled.    Perhaps one aspect of marrying later in life is the likelihood of now having at least two of everything.    As she gets ready for the closing on her newly emptied home, the migration of "stuff" to my house has been overwhelming.    We're no hoarders, yet people who didn't arrive on this planet yesterday don't have to be rich to amass a lot of worldly possessions.   I hardly ever needed one rolling pin; now we are blessed with two.   Whether it's mugs, dishes, storage containers, lawn chairs, televisions or Christmas decorations, chances are we've got way more than we need.    After last weekend's big move, one look at my once spacious living room was more than I could take.   The purging process kicked into even higher gear.   The final phase was the integration of her two cats, complete with litter boxes and scratching posts, into this household.    So far, so good on that front... but my dog Oreo must be wondering what the hell is going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment