Friday, April 12, 2013

Life's Curveballs

Linda and I will be getting married May 4th.   You would think that everything related to the wedding would now be the center of our attention during the weeks leading up to it.   Think again.   Other aspects of our lives seem to be crying out for immediate attention.   I wouldn't pretend to play down the importance of our wedding day, but it was made simpler for me by listening to friends' advice and deferring to Linda on the details (although I did get the DJ).    Life has other complications now.   For one thing, Linda has been trying to get her house sold so she can then move in with me.   Selling a house is nerve wracking enough.   I tell her it will work out, but she'll believe that when the deal is done.   Some medical issues have dragged on for me since last summer, thanks to some neck arthritis that has painfully radiated into my shoulders and can seriously disturb my sleep.    I really want to be on the road to recovery as I start this new phase of my life.    Some folks say it's just part of getting older, but I refuse to attribute it all to that.   I've still got years that require me to be productive and I wouldn't have it any other way.   When life throws curveballs, it's more important than ever to prioritize and simplify.   The wedding itself?    Piece of cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment