Friday, December 28, 2012

A Christmas Surprise

My Facebook page exploded with congratulations this week after I announced my engagement to Linda on Christmas Day.    I had a crush on her back in our North Branford High School Algebra II class, but she had a boyfriend at the time.   Four decades intervened before we saw each other again at our class reunion.   You might think I've been a confirmed bachelor for life, but I never thought of myself as destined to be forever single.    We haven't made any specific wedding plans, since she and her two grown children are still absorbing the shock.   Yes, it was a surprise.   I admit that it still hasn't completely sunk in with me.   Recently when I had dinner with my last college roommate, he mentioned how his wife of thirty years was indispensable in keeping him focused and grounded.   In many ways I've been drifting through life.   We all do that to some extent, but Linda has really added that sense of purpose that has been missing.   It's like a missing piece of a puzzle that's taken until now to find.

No comments:

Post a Comment