Friday, July 6, 2012

Getting Ready for Sailfest

New London will once again play host to 300,000 people over the next three days - the largest annual gathering in Connecticut.    If you've been listening to any of the four Cumulus New London radio stations, you know that we are a sponsor of Sailfest and OpSail 2012 and are set to broadcast the soundtrack to the Mashantucket Pequot Fireworks Extravaganza.   With all the severe weather watches and possible warnings for late Saturday, it's even more important to listen to Q105, 102.3 The Wolf, 104.7 WELJ or News Talk 980 WXLM to find out whether or not this massive fireworks show will go on as scheduled at 9:25 PM.    One thing is clear for anyone going on Saturday: the heat and humidity will combine to make it a day of extreme heat stress.   That's nothing to mess with.   Sunday should be more comfortable.   I've been following the forecast very closely, since I'll be broadcasting live from Custom House Pier on 102.3 The Wolf and on WXLM between noon and five Saturday.   It's been a long time since I've done any radio remote, not to mention one on two stations, so I'm looking forward to it.   Besides being prepared for Saturday's heat and possible storms, I have one other word of warning.   True to my Irish heritage, I don't tan well and my pasty white legs will be on full display!   More info on Sailfest and OpSail 2012 is available at http://sailfest.org/.   I hope to see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment