Tuesday, February 1, 2011

More Of This?

My Backyard
Welcome to February!   We start the month in the middle of another winter storm in a pattern that has continued unabated since the day after Christmas.   How many people even knew what a roof rake was before this season?    Sure, there's a revolution in Egypt, but we're all too busy digging out from the succession of snowfalls to pay attention to it.   For the second time, I hired some guys to get the heavy snow off my roof.   With 2000 square feet and not exactly the steepest roof pitch, I didn't want to take any chances.   The big ice buildup along the edges by the gutters made a hazardous job even more treacherous.   I tried to tackle the garage, which was a little less intimidating.   Heights are not my favorite thing - I admit it.   I didn't want that to collapse on my car after just spending $1000 to replace my busted garage door - these storms have been cruel enough.   I am thankful for two things so far this time around:  1.) I'm not on as much of a set work schedule the way I was during those brutal commutes to Hartford in the nasty winter of '95-'96.   2.) I don't have to drive my car over a very long snow-coated hill to get into a radio station before 6:00 a.m.    With local TV scrolling storm info and school system emails or texting to parents, reading that laundry list of closings on the radio is becoming a thing of the past.   Let's hope the ground hog gives us good news tomorrow.   We've broken enough records!

No comments:

Post a Comment