Thursday, November 11, 2010

One Less Local Option

The world of fast food just got a little smaller here in Connecticut and Rhode Island.  Canada-based Tim Hortons announced it is shutting down all of its coffee and baked goods shops in the two states.  The company has 3,000 outlets in Canada and 600 in the United States.  I have to say it's not a total shock.  Tim Hortons had already closed numerous stores in this area.  Dunkin Donuts is everywhere here, the way Tim Hortons is established north of the border.  I will miss the alternative to Dunkin; choice is a good thing.   Where will I find a fruit explosion muffin or maple donut now?   In my humble opinion, their baked goods were better and I liked their lunch combos (served on real plates), but Dunkin and McDonald's have them all beat when it comes to coffee.   Also on the fast food front, Wendy's announced it will change the way they make french fries.  Say it ain't so!  They're going to be crisper and less "potato-ey."  To me, Wendy's fries were absolutely the best when they are fresh and hot.   I'm not liking these developments (sigh). 

No comments:

Post a Comment