Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Little Lady

They say that people learn to deal with loss better with age.  I'm not sure I see it that way after having to say goodbye to my cat, Cookie.   I really wasn't ready to let this important member of the family go after almost 12 years, but I didn't see much choice.  Cookie was adopted from the Connecticut Humane Society in Quaker Hill when she was a little over a year old.   She was a docile, perky and affectionate cat who never complained about much.   The enclosed porch was her peaceful sanctuary where she never seemed to have a care in the world.   One week in the summer of 2009, I had to leave her alone at home and she only got a visit once a day to be fed by others.  When I returned, she planted herself on my lap for an hour as if to say she'd never take me for granted again.   Those big eyes won me over every time.  I wish pets could live longer.  She brought so much into my life during the time she was here.

No comments:

Post a Comment