Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I Predict A Sequel

It's been ages since I went to the movies, so when I visited a friend in New Hampshire I had to check out the new cinemas in Hooksett near Manchester.  "Salt", starring Angelina Jolie, certainly filled the bill for anyone looking for nonstop action and intrigue.  It was about a CIA agent planted as a mole and trained as a child by the old Soviet KGB and activated to wreak new havoc in a post Cold War world.   The movie, which was originally supposed to star Tom Cruise in a role similar to his "Mission Impossible" character, got mixed reviews.  I'll give it high marks for Jolie's portrayal.  She even did her own stunts.  I really couldn't tell what side she was working for until two-thirds of the way through the plot.  That alone kept me on the edge of my seat.  By the time the movie's over, you'll think two things: 1.) Who CAN you trust?   2.) The scene has definitely been set for a sequel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment