Friday, July 3, 2009

Close Call


July kicked off the way June ended, with endless rain and thunderstorms. This week, however, we came a little too close for comfort to a more potent force of nature: a tornado. I had the TV on late in the afternoon when on came a tornado warning saying it may be headed for Colchester near the Lebanon line at 5:15. It was 5:15, and that's right where I live. The skies were very dark and the trees were blowing, but no tornado arrived. That didn't disappoint me, but it got me thinking where I could get out of its path if it struck. There's no basement in my house, so I guess the only possible refuge in a pinch would be in the shower stall with something like a mattress over me. Perhaps now would be the time to come up with a Plan B. When a tornado is on top of you, the options are limited.

No comments:

Post a Comment