Saturday, January 3, 2009

Vacation!


Like the Go-Gos Awesome 80s hit, is "Vacation all I ever wanted?" And how can we get away, anyway? I thought of visiting a friend in Florida after the holidays, but then I decided to try and pay off my car and not owe anything. That's not to say I won't go anywhere this winter, but first things first. Being debt-free is the best reason to celebrate I can think of these days. To me, a week of no 4am wakeup alarms qualifies as vacation. It's about not having to answer to some of the demands of the normal routine. I'll try to catch up with a few friends who might otherwise fall off the planet, see a movie or two or three and disable my email alerts on my cell phone. The Go-Gos may be having a wilder time, but if it's "all they ever wanted" then that's a bit too much pressure to put on one week off from a job I enjoy anyway. Rebecca's on her own for one week on WBMW. She's perfectly capable of yakking for a week without me! This blog began six months ago - my last vacation - and I'm sure this will provide an alternative to the Wakeup Club radio forum for a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment