Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Two Years Already!



Even though I've been with WBMW in some capacity for five years working with some great people, I am most amazed at the two year milestone just reached on July 26, 2008. It's a small time period in the overall scheme of things - one part of a 34-year career in radio - but I really never intended it to be an ongoing thing. For one thing, I never thought of myself as a morning person. I was quite comfortable getting up when most of the world did - not at 4:00 AM. I was also self-employed working with direct mail advertising. But a funny thing happened after they asked me to cover for awhile - the bosses liked whatever I was doing more than anyone else they talked to or tried out. So, weeks turned into months and I started feeling at home with the many elements of a morning show. In January 2007, Rebecca Morse Whitten joined me as co-host and I said I'd stick around. We clicked on the air from day one, and I can also say we really are friends.

The response to the Wakeup Club has really been gratifying, so we thank you for that and look forward to many more. Special thanks to GM John Fuller and PD Brian Ram for the positive reinforcement! We are also adding some website content about the show and my own ramblings - taking it to the next level and all that. Hey, I've even started this blog! I welcome your comments at glenn@wbmw.com.

3 comments:

  1. I think starting this blog is awesome. It give us dedicated listeners finally a chance to get to know the real you. I totally enjoy listening to everyone and now I can relate to some of your favorites. Especially you Brian, like your Krispy Kreme donut. MMMMM!! Gosh I have not had one in a great while. I am oringinally from New Orleans, LA and we have Krispy Kreme's around every corner. Here in CT they are scarce. I totally welcome the blog and personal pages. Thank you all for doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I was listening to you today 9/4/08, I have to agree with you. If they had Connecticut's most viewed web-site 106.5 would rank one on my chart. Everyday I listen to you from 4:30am (when I wake up) to 3:00 pm (when I get home from work). Your website rocks. Especially now that you, Glenn have a blog. I check it everyday to see what new interesting blog's you have added. The website is so bright and colorful as well. By the way how are your animals? Are they getting big? I had a kitty and I lost her to Hurricane Katrina.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! My animals are just fine and have grown as big as they're going to get... I hope.

    ReplyDelete